POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Missing something basic: Including sky_spheres : Missing something basic: Including sky_spheres Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Missing something basic: Including sky_spheres
From: Neil Kolban
Date: 8 Jan 2005 18:02:23
Message: <41e0667f$1@news.povray.org>
Folks,
Hopefully I am missing something basic here ...

The following is my .pov file:

----
#include "colors.inc"
#include "skies.inc"

S_Cloud5
----

Unfortunately, it doesn't render.  I get a message:

----
File: C:\myfile.inc  Line: 4

S_Cloud5 <----ERROR

Parse Error: Expected 'object or directive', sky_sphere identifier found
instead

Returned from renderer with error status
----

When I look into "skies.inc", I find a #declare of S_Cloud5 which starts
with:

#declare S_Cloud5 =
sky_sphere {
    pigment { rgb <0.258, 0.258, 0.435> }
    pigment {
        bozo

I had thought that the #declare created a macro that substituted my
"S_Cloud5" for all that was defined.  When I copy the S_Cloud5 body to my
.pov file ... it works.

Why can't I simply "refer" to S_Cloud5?

Neil